Below are our Top 10 Electrical Tips to ensure you have a safer Christmas this year:
- Don't forget to test &/or replace your batteries in your Smoke Detectors
- Use LED Christmas lights, instead of traditional incandescent bulbs, as they're safer and cheaper to run
- Don't forget to turn off your Christmas lights when you leave the house
- Do NOT use triple adapters
- Always use a surge protector on your electronic goods e.g. LCD TV, computer
- Never ever overload your sockets as this may result in fire
- Always fully unwind an extension cord. And remember, extension cords are not a permanent solution - consider installing additional sockets if they are constantly in use
- If an additional portable heater is needed, choose an oil-filled radiator over any other variety. It's the safest and most effiecient to use. Of course never ever use an electric heater to dry clothing.
- Consider installing a carbon monoxide detector. Carbon monoxide is a colourless odourless gas produced by any fossil-buring appliance (gas, coal, etc.) and levels must be monitored.
- Remember that your electrical panel should be examined by a qualified electrician at least once a year. Contact us today to make an appointment.
Remember stay safe this Christmas. Wishing you and yours a very happy, safe Christmas from all at Blanchardstown Electrical Services.